Senior Manager, Remarketing
Palo Alto, CA /
Strategy – Commercial Operations /
Rivian is executing a comprehensive direct-to-consumer commercial strategy to control the purchase and ownership experiences. We are seeking a Senior Manager, Remarketing, to build and manage the vehicle trade-in process. This is a critical role that will impact both financial metrics and the customer experience.
This is what you’ll do:
You will be responsible for defining, developing, and implementing Rivian’s vehicle trade-in and remarketing program and managing its P&L. This includes the lifecycle from the trade-in valuation presented to the consumer to reselling the vehicle. The people, processes and tools required to stand up these activities should be implemented and matured on a timeframe supporting SOP in approximately one year.
· Valuation: determine valuation methodology for trade-ins, balancing a simple, customer-first approach that supports new Rivian vehicle sales and achieves internal financial targets.
· Reconditioning: Make reconditioning decisions to support ROI
· Remarketing: Determine vehicle resale strategy to achieve financial targets, while balancing time-to-cash and working capital requirements
Additional responsibilities include:
· Reevaluate requirements and needs as the business scales, including make-buy decisions
· Work with cross-functional partners to define requirements and KPIs; provide quarterly feedback on performance
· Development of business dashboards / analytics to monitor KPIs
· Relationship management with partners and suppliers
You must have an ability to support broader corporate strategies and objectives first alongside achieving remarketing’s financial and other objectives. Key partners to collaborate with include Customer Experience (including Customer Service), Commercial Operations, Outbound Logistics, Digital Commerce, Retail, and Corporate Strategy.
this is what you’ll need:
· 5 years of remarketing experience with increased financial and scope responsibility
· 3+ years of leadership experience including experience building and overseeing cross-functional teams to implement complex initiatives
· Strategic thinker with a customer-centric mindset and approach
· Robust quantitative skills and proficiency with analytical tools
· In depth understanding and track record of excellence in in scaling businesses and operations
· Ability to work effectively with people cross-functionally, at all levels in an organization
· Senior presence and executive communication
This is where you’ll work:
Location Palo Alto, California
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.