Senior Software Engineer, Vehicle-to-Cloud
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you'll do:
· Develop in-vehicle software applications and services to interact with Rivian cloud
· Design algorithms and data structures for efficient data streaming using object-oriented designs for embedded systems
· Define, develop and maintain REST based cloud interfaces
· Partner with Firmware and software developers for optimal utilization of wireless interfaces and in-vehicle interfaces like CAN and Ethernet
· Define and implement scalable and maintainable Vehicle-to-Cloud interfaces by working closely with Rivian cloud services and mobile apps (iOS, Android) teams
· Support Infotainment team in enabling rich UX and voice-enabled In-vehicle apps and services
· Ensure good software architecture practices are followed across the team; actively contribute to code and design reviews; perform unit testing to deliver high quality software
This is what you'll need:
· BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 7+ years of direct experience in Software development for embedded systems
· Must have strong first principles thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
· Must take ownership, operate with a sense of urgency and take issues to closure
· Strong expertise in C/C++ programming skills and fluent in Python or other scripting languages
· 4+ years of developing and leading application software or middleware development for embedded Linux, Android or real-time systems
· Experience working with networking protocols and web services for embedded environment
· Prior experience developing SDKs for Telematics, fleet management, Mobile, IoT, embedded or M2M devices
Preferred Skills and experience:
· Previous experience developing fleet management solutions for Automotive or Mobility industries
· Proven track record of shipping products out of the door
· Strong cross functional collaboration to come up with elegant system-wide solutions
· Previous experience with Telemetry, device Management and OTA updates for electronic devices
· Expertise in at least one wireless technology - GPS, Cellular or WiFi
· Solid understanding of networking stack, web protocols, OS - Linux, Android or RTOS
· Previous experience designing connection/network management for mobile or IoT devices
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.