Embedded Firmware Engineer, ESS
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Energy Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
- Integration of platform deliverables with the battery management software components and Simulink models
- Get involved with hands-on development writing C code
- Display a positive attitude and motivation to perform whatever tasks necessary to get the job done
- Display aptitude with a variety of engineering tools such as CAN loggers, software debuggers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters
- Previous experience with DFMEA and leading the design review processes is a PLUS
- Quickly transition to a variety of engineering discipline work, from high-level cross sub-system projects to specific component focus, depending on need of the team and stage of development/production
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of work experience developing embedded firmware preferably in the battery and/or automotive industries
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Embedded C programming and debugging experience at the hardware level
- Able to read schematics and datasheets and translate that to application code
- Good working knowledge of real time operating systems (RTOS), memory management, timers, tasks and threads
- Experience writing device drivers for embedded platforms
- Working knowledge of AURIX Tricore family of processors (TC2xx) is highly preferable
- Experience writing safety diagnostic code especially for automotive is a huge PLUS
- Working knowledge of various interface standards such as I2C, SPI and bus standards such as CAN/LIN
- Strong communication, multitasking, and interpersonal skills, both in presentation and technical writing
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.,)
- Previous experience with design according to ISO26262 with focus on functional safety is a PLUS
- Previous experience with product launches and production schedules
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.