Technical Program Management, Construction Engineering
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
About the Role
The Construction Engineering team is responsible for all of the Mechanical, Electrical, Piping, and Structural (MEPS) system design of Rivian’s physical infrastructure. This includes a variety of project types from the complex infrastructure systems that support our factories to the design of modular systems that enable efficient deployment of Rivian’s workplace, retail, and charging infrastructure. As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will work with the Architectural and Construction Management teams to oversee these projects from concept through startup.
What You Will Do
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of construction engineering, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, construction management, architecture, and others to design and deploy MEPS systems.
- Manage system development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Build comprehensive system specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams and Operations.
- Create and maintain a development roadmap for your area.
- Collaborate with team leaders to prioritize, resource, and track progress of team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Technical Program Management team to develop the Manufacturing Engineering team’s equipment development and validation processes.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years designing and building industrial or commercial MEPS systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience collaborating with and managing construction contractors, permitting jurisdictions, vendors, and other 3rd party resources.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Where You Will Work
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.