L2 Network Business Development Lead
Palo Alto, CA /
Energy & Charging Solutions – Energy & Charging Solutions /
The L2 Network Business Lead will drive the Level 2 Charging Network program strategy and execution. The role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement, and both indirect & direct leadership capabilities. The candidate must have the ability leading and motivating a team with large goals & aggressive timelines.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage overall program strategy and execution; assisting Manager, L2 Network Strategy Charging Network Director with program budget
- Manage pipeline of potential new sites & sites under construction
- Work with federal or public entities, and utilities when installing infrastructure
- Develop regional deployment strategy for effective & scalable expansion of the Level 2 Charging Network
- Develop, onboard, and train a roster of nationwide commercial electricians to become Rivian certified
- Develop, refine, and manage comprehensive site due diligence
- Responsible for strategic partnerships with commercial real estate partners as it pertains to the Recreation NetworkLevel 2 Charging Network; coordinate with world class Real Estate team at Rivian for broader support
- Lead mission-critical negotiations & conversations with government agencies and utilities to better support Recreation NetworkLevel 2 deployment
- Work with attorneys to draft, negotiate, and execute site hosts agreements
- Act as the voice of the customer in product development and execution
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5 years of experience developing charging projects
- Experience in business development within the EV charging space highly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology and the competitive marketplace
- Experience working with federal or public entities and utilities
- Strong management capabilities and time management skills
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great, usable solutions
- Experience executing programs with user experience, purchasing and operations teams
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Palo Alto, CA Preferred; Open to Irvine, CA.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.