Sr. CAD Designer, EPC
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Design parts and assemblies related to charging systems to include enclosures, latching and sealing systems, power electronics packaging, bussing, and cable management systems
· Perform engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading CAD and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications and processes
· Execute plans according to schedule for engineering releases.
· Support development and maintenance of all assembly drawings and ensures data managed is correctly related
· Create 2D prints of all the components by applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
· Generate assembly illustrations using CATIA and other office tools
· Actively work to maintain current BOM and all design related attributes as defined by engineering
· Participate in change management and product configuration management activities
· Collaborate with studio and industrial engineering to mature product design
This is what you’ll need:
· Minimum 10 years of experience using CATIA (V6 preferred) or related CAD software
· Minimum 5 years of experience in designing enclosure systems
· Experience and aptitude in injection molding, die casting, sheet metal design, and A-surface with strong UI/UX touchpoints
· Expertise in the following areas: 3D CAD creation in CATIA, 2D Drawing creation from 3D CAD and GD&T application per ASME Y14.5
· Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast pace environment
· The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting
· Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting assignments done on time
· Experience working in automotive and start-up environment is a plus
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.