Product Integration Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
Rivian Job Description
Product Integration Engineer
Rivian is developing vehicles, technology, and services that inspire people to get out and explore the world. Whether it’s a family camping trip or a weekend away, we provide the ultimate platform for experiencing life’s adventures.
We have development centers in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA and Irvine, CA. In addition to our three development locations, we have a modern, functioning 2.6 million square foot manufacturing plant in Normal, IL.
Core to delivering our vision is building a team of passionate people. We have assembled an outstanding team with a wide range of backgrounds including automotive, technology, industrial equipment, consumer electronics and aerospace. Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, the ability to dream beyond today and a hunger for getting things done.
This is what you'll do:
- You will be responsible for defining, integrating, and delivering automotive electronic modules from Rivian into customer platforms
- Work with the engineering team to ensure our designs meet customer program requirements.
- Lead technical design reviews, track development and validation deviations, ensure deliverables, and maintain accountability to the customer program
- Work with vehicle packaging, systems integration, electrical, mechanical, and software engineering to ensure your module works on the vehicle. Working with all teams, you will define interfaces and verify that each function is correctly implemented. You will work collaboratively with internal and external teams to resolve any issues and failures
- Change is a part of life, you will document and process engineering change control documents.
- Work with the engineering teams to root cause all failures and drive resolution.
- Proactive management of technical and delivery risks.
This is what you'll need:
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering design and integration
- BSEE, BSME, or equivalent
- Ability to travel as needed to
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Proven experience tracking the progress of multiple projects
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity; oversee multiple projects and make them better
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.