Sr. Electronics Technician
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Fabricate special test equipment supporting development and validation testing of high voltage automotive power electronic components.
· Fabricate Low Voltage and High Voltage electronic test harnesses.
· Design and fabricate simple mechanical fixtures and jigs.
· Functional acceptance testing of circuit board assemblies and power electronic units following defined test procedures.
· Troubleshoot, root cause and document electronic assembly issues.
· Perform printed circuit board assembly modifications such as component rework, soldering/de-soldering of electronic components, etc.
· Understand how to read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product data sheets.
· Procure necessary tools, equipment and components for a prototype electronics lab.
· Ability to setup and utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, power supplies and digital multimeters with no direction.
· Ability to use instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, pressure gauges, and flow meters.
· Conduct environmental testing (thermal, vibration, humidity).
· Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
· High level of understanding and experience with High Voltage and safety awareness.
This is what you’ll need:
· Technical degree in electronics.
· 10+ years of experience fabricating special test equipment and harnesses for high voltage power electronics.
· 10+ years of experience with soldering, handling lab equipment & circuit board re-work.
· A strong understanding and experience in prototype and fabrication shop processes
· High level of soldering skill.
· Experience using common machine shop equipment.
· High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
· Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
· Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
· Lead by example: Safety is priority one.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.