Automation Electrical Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
This is what you’ll do:
· Redefine what automation solutions in the manufacturing industries can be while automating the process of designing, developing, and deploying new production lines.
· Research, test, and approve new hardware for use in manufacturing lines designing for:
o Field-mounted, zero enclosures required
o Minimized cabling and installation
o Data collection and diagnostics
· Develop electrical and pneumatic schematic templates/macros designing for:
o Automatically generated schematics from upstream manufacturing design detail
o Use of schematic information to automatically generate PLC code
· Develop electrical standards and specifications for both internal and external consumption
o Including hardware, sizing, connections, naming, installation, testing/inspection
· Develop EtherNet/IP and EtherCAT network architecture standards for the equipment OT layer
· Design 480/240/110VAC and 24VDC electrical schematics for industrial automation equipment
· Work with vendors through concept design, final review, buyoff, and installation.
· Ensure operator safety by designing control reliable safety systems
· Work with facilities team and equipment vendors to ensure clean integration on the shop floor
· Work with equipment such as robots, servos, VFDs, vision, part identification, pneumatic cylinders, dispensing, welding
this is what you’ll need:
· Understanding of industrial network protocols such as EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, and Profinet
· Experience developing templates & macros using EPLAN, WSCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, or equivalent
· Experience designing electrical schematics for a wide variety of automation solutions
· Knowledge of national standards and regulations as they pertain to electrical and safety such as NFPA and OSHA
· BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.