Design Release Engineering Manager
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Vehicle Dynamics /
Chassis DRE Manager – Structures, Ride Components, Wheels & Tires you will be an integral part of the team with responsibility to manage the operational delivery for R1 and RPV vehicles. This will be achieved through strong indirect working relationships with both the Chassis and Dynamics engineering team but also purchasing, quality, manufacturing and all other engineering departments.
The role will require you to:
· Lead engineering teams responsible for chassis structural components, ride components, and wheels/tires across multiple projects
· Manage resources and set priorities for Design and Release Engineers within the team to achieve cost, mass, quality and delivery targets
· Demonstrate excellence in mechanical design and clearly communicate that to your team
· Work closely with Chassis Systems Engineering to complete DFMEA, requirements tracking, DVP, and Functional Safety requirements
· Work closely with Vehicle Dynamics team to meet full vehicle ride and handling targets
· Build a cohesive and focused team through effective communication and leadership
· Be fully responsible for individual contributor feedback, team development, growth and appraisal process
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
In order to execute the role, you will be expected to have
· Over 10 years of experience within the automotive industry, ideally OEM or Tier 1
· Over 3 years of experience managing engineering teams
· Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
· Proven knowledge of automotive design and development processes to successfully develop and launch a vehicle into production
· Good working knowledge of all Chassis systems within a vehicle platform
· Ability to report to senior management and report accurate information in a clear and concise manner
· Strong knowledge of supplier processes, manufacturing and standards
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Chassis and Dynamics
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in the Detroit area, San Jose, and Irvine, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based and an Engineering office in the UK. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.