Senior Technical Project Manager, Stationary Storage ESS
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Stationary Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
· Project management of stationary energy storage systems programs
· Manage timelines and deliverables according to the Rivian new product introduction process
· Work with design engineers on BOM release
· Work with purchasing and suppliers on procurement
· Manage project budgets
· Lead issue tracking and corrective action implementation
· Work with the battery teams to ensure timelines are coordinated with stationary energy storage program needs
· Define, track and update project and task deliverables leveraging Jira
· Define and run engineering and cross-functional meetings efficiently and effectively. Track and follow up on action items
· Keep project status dashboards up to date and report program status and issues on a regular basis to Directors, VPs and executive leadership
· Support manufacturing, internal and contract, for prototype and production builds
This is what you’ll need:
· Experience as a project manager in the energy storage or electric vehicle industry
· Experience as a project manager in an organization with a rigorous new product introduction process
· Technical knowledge and experience with energy storage or electric vehicle batteries and battery systems
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· Experience as a design or project engineer is desired
· Experience with Jira, Confluence and Jama is a plus
· Previous experience with utility scale and commercial & industrial energy storage systems highly desired
· 10+ years industry experience
· At least a Bachelors degree in Engineering
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.