CAD Systems Engineer
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Provides CAD application and infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with enterprise architecture guidance; translate business requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
· Creates and manages life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
· Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
· Delivers solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
· Creates high level and detail design of infrastructure, applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
· Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
· Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
· Conducts or participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
· Seeks appropriate opportunities to promote re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solutions.
· Proactively seeks opportunities to enhance efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
· Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
· Participates in the creation and execution of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or ‘runbooks’ used for end-user support.
· Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remedies or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
Provides support for critical non-routine issues.
· Lead and own technical matters of responsible areas.
· Define, Manage, Execute CATIA V6 Design & Development roadmap
· CATIA interface/integration with Enovia PLM, Delmia, ERP, and MES with CATIA V6 preferred
· Work with Product Vendors, IT Suppliers and Common Services to design and develop standard and reusable components for CATIA V6
· Estimate and manage Design & Development costs and efforts
· Oversee design, development and data conversion teams
This is what you’ll need:
· Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
· Startup experience will be plus.
· Experience of 5 years on Dassault Systemes CATIA preferred V6
· Bachelor’s Degree is strongly desired
· In-depth knowledge of CATIA V6
· Experience in CATIA preferred V6
· Expert on application development concepts and software configuration management techniques
· Knowledge of CATIA and 3DX stack for extensions and integration
· Awareness of impact on performance and user experience due to configured application
· Ability to direct, mentor, develop technical teams on CATIA
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine or Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.