Materials Engineer – Coatings and Adhesives
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
The Materials Engineer – Coatings and Adhesives is a specialist responsible to provide materials engineering on coatings, adhesives, as well as sealants.
· Provide materials engineering guidance and supports to metal pretreatment and treatment/finish including specifications and qualifications
· Provide materials engineering guidance and supports on coatings and paints, both functional and decorative including specifications and qualifications
· Provide materials engineering guidance and supports a variety of adhesives and sealants including specifications and qualifications
· Work with both product engineering on design reviews and failure mode analyses including durability
· Work with CAE Materials Specialist on FEA materials support (adhesion and sealing)
· Support manufacturing and SQEs on manufacturing processes and PFMEA-based controls
· Provide post-test reviews and failure analyses and solutions on coatings and adhesion/sealing systems
· Work with quality and validation engineering on material and resulted component validation
This is what you’ll need:
· BS/MS/Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science/Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
· Sound knowledge in coatings, adhesives and interfaces, both chemistry and applications
· 7+ years practical experiences in automotive industry supporting coatings and adhesives
· Work effectively both independently and in a collaborative environment
· Very organized and detail oriented in documentation and reporting, as well as cross functional data management
· Exceptional communication skills
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Materials Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.