Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Adhesives
Irvine, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Design and implement processes & equipment to allow Rivian to grow vehicle and non-vehicle production capacity in line with corporate goals.
· Be Rivian Subject Matter Expert in adhesive material selection and adhesive dispense applications
· Specify adhesive storage and dispense equipment and data processes based on product design requirements and tolerances.
· Collaborate with adhesive suppliers and machine integrators to develop new advanced equipment and methods
· Establish manufacturing data architecture for adhesive storage and dispense applications and specify requirements for data systems.
· Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
· Develop equipment calibration and validation plans for prototype and production equipment.
· Actively look for ways to add value beyond specifically assigned scope of work.
· Provide metric based project updates to management team at milestones and as needed throughout a program.
· Understand and follow company and industry standards and best practices in project implementation.
· Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Demonstrated experience with adhesive dispense
· Knowledgeable in adhesives materials and adhesive selection
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
· 5+ years of experience in engineering role.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Experienced in working within 2D & 3D CAD environments.
· Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing skills (Cycle time, quality control, efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, etc).
· Demonstrate ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
· Ability to follow general guidance on deliverables and self-guided to develop a path to completion.
· Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including vendors.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Irvine CA and Palo Alto, CA, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.