Manager, Field Reliability
Irvine, CA /
Reliability – Reliability /
Manager, Field Reliability
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Manager of Field Reliability, you will be applying reliability engineering concepts to continuously improve the reliability of Rivian products.
This is what you’ll do:
· Build a team of Field Reliability Engineers that focuses on driving continuous reliability improvement for Rivian’s products.
· Define the tools, systems and processes for effective problem solving of field reliability issues.
· Provide technical guidance on root cause analysis of field failures and countermeasure identification to improve field reliability performance.
· Partner with design teams to drive design solutions and enable continuous reliability improvement.
· Manage the test planning process to validate identified countermeasures before implementing in production.
· Drive focus and priorities for cross functional teams that work on resolving field reliability issues.
· Align teams on a set of KPIs to measure field reliability performance and define incremental goals for continuous improvement.
· Work closely with the reliability data analytics and data science teams to implement a data driven approach to issue identification, triaging and mitigation.
· Define the analytical framework and methodologies to quantify reliability risk and forecast the impact of identified failure modes to customers, warranty cost and service operations.
· Partner with the service team to develop failure mitigation and failure prevention strategies with the goal of improving customer experience.
· Develop the tools and processes to transfer lessons learned in the field to future products.
· Participate in design reviews and DFMEAs in order to drive reliability in future designs.
· Partner with service, quality, failure analysis, design and design-for-reliability teams to assure a closed loop process for issue identification, containment, resolution and prevention.
This is what you’ll need:
· Experience in developing and managing teams.
· A strong technical background in reliability and failure analysis techniques.
· Experience in creating effective problem resolution methods and leading cross functional teams.
· A deep understanding of reliability statistics including Weibull Analysis.
· Good understanding of physics of failure.
· Expert understanding of root cause analysis techniques and demonstrated experience applying them.
· A desire to create a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.