Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Cloud /
The Rivian Cloud team is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to build systems that analyze and gain insight from vehicle data. These systems will enable our internal partners such as reliability, insurance and service teams deliver world-class, data-driven products and experiences.
This is what you'll do:
· Design and build the model training framework and abstractions for our internal customers to use.
· Design and build the pipeline for training, testing, deploying and updating machine-learning models.
· Assess the Cloud Team’s big-data store and provide architectural recommendations to allow easier and more efficient training of Machine Learning models.
· Design and train machine learning (ML) models that deliver specific insight from large quantities of vehicle data.
· Contribute to the Cloud Team’s data strategy to ensure that suitable data is available from vehicles.
This is what you'll need:
· 5+ years of experience in Data Science / ML, ideally with vehicle data.
· Ability to communicate ML concepts and results to partner teams.
· Familiarity with a wide range of ML techniques and able to recommend the appropriate techniques, balancing interpretability, performance] and performance guarantees.
· Good knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem and its data storage, processing, streaming and ML tools.
· Experience with ML libraries such TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch.
· Experience processing large datasets of time-series data.
· Proficiency in statistical methods, both Bayesian and Classical.
· Ability to write high-quality code in python.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Experience with anomaly detection algorithms for time-series data.
· Familiarity with concepts of reliability engineering (damage metrics, Weibull analysis) and insurance risk modelling.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Rivian Cloud
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.