Cloud/Vehicle Integration Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Software Engineering – Cloud /
The Rivian Cloud team is looking to hire engineers at both junior and senior levels to bridge the gap between vehicle software, cloud software and vehicle testing and development.
This role would suit an engineer with a vehicle development or software/calibration background looking to work on connected vehicles.
This is what you'll do:
· Participate in prototype vehicle testing and commissioning, working closely with the Vehicle Test and Vehicle Software teams to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise.
· Use your knowledge of our cloud systems to propose new cloud-based tools that use vehicle data to support the Vehicle Engineering team in novel ways.
· Refine and add features to the current ‘Rivian Cloud Agent’ vehicle software currently running on the prototype vehicle fleet.
· Help ensure the reliable flow of telemetry and diagnostics data between vehicle and cloud at all times.
· Support the cross-functional effort across Rivian Cloud, Connectivity and Vehicle teams taking the vehicle-to-cloud software to completion.
This is what you'll need:
· The ability to work comfortably and effectively in a vehicle test and development environment and in vehicle proving grounds.
· The ability to think ‘outside the box’ and come up with novel tools that use connected car data to support vehicle testing.
· Strong problem-solving skills and ability to take ownership of issues until they are solved.
· BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent.
· 2+ years working closely with vehicle software.
· Fluency in python, C/C++ a bonus.
· Ability to travel to other Rivian locations.
Preferred Skills and experience:
· Comfort with Linux-based systems.
· Understanding of CAN and Ethernet communication protocols.
· Familiarity with software build pipelines.
· Ability to contribute to code and design reviews
· Proven record of developing high-quality and well-tested software.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Rivian Cloud
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.