Senior Systems Engineer - ADAS
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
· As a Systems engineer, collaborate with both hardware and software cross-functional teams in driving Rivian’s features through complete lifecycle
· Serve as an interface between other technical functional domains and the vehicle system group to ensure proper vehicle level quality and integration is met
· Create System-level requirements, interface specifications, architecture and design documents
· Facilitate and manage peer and supplier reviews to support closure of major project milestones
· Contribute to design and requirement reviews and process audits complying with both internal and external standards, including ISO 26262
· Support hardware and software integration activities, including participation in network definition, trade studies, and development testing
· Assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of issues found during verification testing
· Help drive and be an active participant in functional safety topics, including functional safety requirements, DFMEA, and FTA
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 5 or more years of experience in Automotive or related industries involving integration of both hardware and software components
· Experience in requirement process planning and execution from program inception to final production validation
· Experience with appropriate software/hardware verification and validation efforts at different test levels (SIL/HIL/Vehicle)
· Understanding of industry guideline processes applied to automotive or aviation systems (ISO 26262, ARP4754, ARP4761)
· Experience with automotive Electrical/Electronics architectures, computer/vehicle networking and protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, and LIN
· Knowledge of requirements engineering, verification & validation and automation tools including but not limited to Python, Vector tools, dSpace, or LabView
· Direct experience with current ADAS features and technologies as well as standards and regulations
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit and San Francisco, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.