Exterior Integration Manager
Irvine, CA /
Body & Interior Engineering – Exteriors /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Responsible for day-by-day exterior engineering high level plan including mechanisms, lighting, trim and moldings.
· Track all cross functional interdependencies and taking actions on non-conformances and developing alternative strategies to ensure the Body Engineering HLP is complementary to the vehicle program plan and all milestones are met.
· The Rivian design and development process (RDP) is the cornerstone of the project and Body Engineering in particular. You will play a central role in understanding the milestones and the resource required to deliver and track & report to Executive level.
· Work with PMO team you will be primarily responsible for the collation and delivery of all KPIs to track progress and status, especially when it comes to Launch issues and resolutions.
· Be a major point of contact for Body Exterior within the Production facility, supporting DREs and the plant to ensure issues are flagged and root cause analysis is completed.
· You will be responsible for coordinating the Body Exterior team through all Rivian project milestones, especially focused on Launch support and ensuring the R1 vehicle is successfully delivered to its production targets.
Work within a matrix organization whilst delivering towards project-based goals set by the program management team.
Make sure goals are cascaded, communicated and reported against effectively at every stage of the project.
· You will promote, implement and support simultaneous engineering across the business to ensure that all stakeholders are involved in the decision making & engineering release process. This includes but is not limited to; Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Commercial, Purchasing, Service, Product, Aftersales, Studio, Color & Materials.
· Ensure that the Body engineering team are delivering to the vehicle spec book, features & options list & Color & Materials specification.
· Ensure that across Body the team are working to a common standard & template for the development of all Technical Specifications DVPs & DFMEAs for all systems.
· Run any training modules for new starters for processes such as the Rivian Design Process, DVP’s & DFMEA’s.
· Assist with generation & development of any design guides as a form of lessons learned from any launch related issue.
· Work closely with any outsourced engineering resource providers to coordinate, govern & manage the works scope.
· Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional product.
· Exhibit the Rivian 101 in everything that you do.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· A detailed knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
· 8+ years’ experience of Automotive product development, experiencing at least 2 vehicle launches
· An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team – specifically this means active brainstorming, working on areas of the car which are not directly Body Exterior related
· A systems approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
· A deep understanding of an automotive Body Exterior including an excellent understanding of those systems & components which surround & interface to the body
· A strong understanding of the first-principle physics of the body engineering system – the loads, forces, overall function of the system and key attributes including knowledge of Body Engineering Simulation and Analysis tools and processes
· Sound commercial and financial awareness
· 1st class communication methods with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple sites & time zones
· A comfortable presenter of detailed information to a wide range of audiences
· The ability to multitask multiple tasks & projects to tight deadlines
· First class honors degree or equivalent in an engineering or project management qualification
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Body Engineering
Location: Irvine, California (with frequent travel to Normal, Illinois)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.