Battery Test - Technical Lead
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Propulsion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead a team of test technicians and engineers
· Establish EV Battery test methods and write test procedures
· Establish EV Battery validation test flows and test asset plans
· Lead test asset instrumentation and test execution
· Oversee design and setup of battery test equipment and hardware
· Specify and support procurement of test equipment
· Specify and develop data collection and maintenance methods
· Manage test and validation team competence and performance
· Ensure safe test practices established and followed
· Ad hoc tasks as assigned
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
· Minimum 8 years experience working in test lab environment
· Minimum 3 years experience in automotive development environment
· Experience implementing EV battery testing safety protocols
· Experience selecting, procuring and setup of EV battery test equipment
· Experience with SAE, MIL, UN, UL, and other test standards (GB/T a plus)
This is where you’ll work:
Department: ESS – Test & Validation
Location: Irvine 1
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.