Senior Software Engineer, Audio Systems
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
Infotainment Software Engineers are at the core of our feature development process, transforming high level descriptions into working software that delivers a beautiful and intuitive in-vehicle experience to Rivian drivers and passengers.
This is what you’ll do:
· Collaborate with cross functional teams such as UX, UI, System Architecture, etc. to agree on audio feature designs and requirements.
· Create, and review audio software module designs to realize desired functions.
· Implement audio software aligned with the overall system design and software development process standards.
· Create unit tests and debug issues arising from testing and validation activities.
· Measure, analyze, and optimize audio software to key performance indicators for acoustics and resource usage.
· Investigate and root cause audio issues reported from vehicle testing.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· 5+ years of experience with developing audio system software from requirements into a functional, efficient, and validated implementation.
· Proficiency with modern C and C++. Also proficiency with associated software development tools, such as IDE’s, source code management, static analysis, and automated builds.
· Knowledge of audio signal processing for hands-free telephony, voice assistance, and media playback.
· Experience with development of efficient audio processing on multi-core systems involving both CPUs and DSPs.
· Experience with the Android Audio system is strongly desired.
· Experience with the A2B audio bus is desired.
· Experience with Bluetooth Audio profiles (HFP, A2DP) is desired.
· Experience with embedded system development and low-level interfaces related to audio functions such as I2C, I2S, TDM, PCM, SPI.
· Experience working with diverse engineering teams.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer literacy skills.
· Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.