AWS Data Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure providing access to large datasets and computing power.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using API, SQLS, Change Data Capture Tools and AWS big data technologies.
· Continuous research of the latest big data and visualization technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
· Creation and support of real-time data pipelines built on AWS technologies including EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift/Spectrum and Athena
· Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for business.
· Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
this is what you’ll need:
· Self-starter with excellent communication skills
· 7-10 years of industry experience in software development, data architecture, data engineering, business intelligence, data science with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Strong understanding of all Big Data and data warehousing services offered by AWS.
· Hands-on experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets using AWS S3, Glue, Kinesis, Kafka, SQS, Change data capture tools, Spark
· Experience in a query framework for business users and data scientists using Athena, APIs and spinning data science clusters.
· Strong data base experience in both Relational, Columnar, NOSQL & Timeseries database like Redshift, DynamoDB, MongoDB, SQL Server, Druid etc.
· Strong hands-on experience in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Scala
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Good knowledge of statistical models and data mining algorithms
· Experience using analytics & reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview etc.
· Understanding of business domains like Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing is a plus
· Degree/Diploma in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.