Platform DevOps Engineer
Engineering and Programs – Software Integration /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead tools and build-release activities for infotainment software (images/packages) on single or multiple hardware boards with latest multi-core multimedia SoC.
· Lead and set technical direction for tools, build-release-test automation and cloud-backend services.
· Be responsible for developing tools & automation solutions for CI / CD / CT workflow, including software updates and manufacturing support.
· Develop integrated tools and processes to work in conjunction with JAMA, JIRA, GIT, and other repositories to provide a seamless CI / CD / CT workflow.
· Develop the tools, plug-ins and solutions necessary for CI / CD / CT workflow using Jenkins, AWS, Docker, REST APIs and other microservices. Work with other cross-functional teams and convert business requirements into engineering requirements for development operations.
· Be responsible for tool/software development and maintenance, adhering to appropriate internal & external safety/security standards.
· Be a dynamic cross-functional technical leader enabling other dependent teams (like software, hardware and application).
· Identify and set new technical directions to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision.
this is what you’ll need:
· 5+ years of experience with embedded or Linux software development using C/C++.
· 5+ years of experience with auto build tools (like make, waf etc.,), Jenkins, AWS, Linux-server installation and maintenance.
· 5+ years of experience with scripting languages like Python and/or Shell.
· 5+ years of experience in one or more areas - chat-ops, OTA servers, micro-services and cloud backend operations.
· 5+ years of experience with SQL or other non-relational databases.
· Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Additional preferred skills:
· Strong experience with developing tools for software products using - Android / Linux / QNX.
· Ability and experience to design and develop application tools (running on windows/mac/linux) for manufacturing and software update (OTA).
· Automotive - software development , tools and build-release engineering experience.
- Windows powershell and automation experience.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.