Sr. Systems Designer
Palo Alto, CA /
Design and User Experience – Design and User Experience /
We’re looking for a Sr. Systems Designer to build out our design system to be informative, focused, and expressive, as well as manage it holistically to ensure consistency across the Rivian digital ecosystem. We’re looking for someone to write detailed documentation, including charts and diagrams, that indicate the various components involved, as well as collaborate with engineering to understand the technical requirements for implementation. This role would partner with the engineers and help develop the component library, and ensure general use and application of design system within our organizations (with some soft design policing).
This is what you'll do:
- Build a design system for responsive web and collaborate on native mobile systems, as well as have impact and input on systems as they apply to in-store digital experiences
- Write documentation for the use of components and styles to ensure AAA compliance
- Partner with engineers for implementation across the various engineering teams
- Work with all the designers to review past products and current products on how the design system can be applied to enhance the experience
This is what you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in systems, interactive, ui, and visual design
- Excellent visual design skills
- Experience defining, working with and utilizing design systems
- Experience and familiarity with mobile UI design paradigms
- Understanding of software implementation process (no coding required)
- Expertise with tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Strong body of work that demonstrates an understanding of systems design as it applies to native, responsive web, and/or alternative digital products (online body of work required for application)
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Agile environment experience
This is where you'll work:
- Department: Brand Digital Products
- Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.