Design Release Engineer - Brakes
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Vehicle Dynamics /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Design and implement brake components from concept to production
· Support calibration and electrical integration of mechatronics components
· Meet program timing & budget constraints whilst achieving vehicle dynamic, crash, aero, NVH and chassis attribute targets with focus on brake systems
· Define validation procedures to ensure only optimized, integrated and robust designs are released
· Manage designed parts in the virtual environment and support virtual build and release activities
· Manage suppliers to deliver component designs on time and to specification;
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Must be familiar with DFMEA/DVPR usage and review of these documents
· Catia (V6 preferred)
· Ability to understand Engineering direction and provide design concepts accordingly
· Collaborate with larger teams of peer designers, engineers, functional teams
· Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.