Pre-Construction Analyst, Facilities
Los Angeles, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
The Pre-Construction Analyst will provide pre-construction services alongside the Construction Managers by working with general contractors & the Design Team to ensure projects budgets are accurate and that cost are properly tracked throughout pre-construction and construction. Facilities associated with this role may include, but are not limited to; workplaces, production facilities, logistics facilities, retail and service network and charging network.
The primary function of the Pre-Construction Analyst is to ensure project costs are tracked & gathered in an organized fashion and report to the Sr. Estimating Manager.
This is what you'll do:
- Gathering data from current and past projects
- Analyze historical cost data & trends and determine costs for budgeting future projects
- Working with General Contractors and subcontractors to get appropriate breakdowns for historical cost tracking
- Work with design team to track their costs along with construction costs
- Research inflation costs and help implement these factors into the Historical Cost database.
- Research and understand regional cost adjustments and help implement these factors into the Historical Cost database
- Assist in the formulation of the project budgets
- Provide value engineering assessment of alternative design solutions including initial cost, schedule implications and construct-ability issues
- Assist in the final scoping, award and buyout of all trades on hard-bid and negotiated projects
- Perform detailed take off and/or quantity surveys
- Learn, understand and use all Rivian policies, procedures and software systems
- The Estimator-Cost Analyst is expected to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with everyone with whom he/she works (customers, architects, subcontractors, and Rivian project team members). He/she will be expected to motivate others and contribute to the positive teamwork and morale of the project team.
This is what you'll need:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related subject and 5+ years of increasingly responsible estimating and project management experience.
- Proficient in the use of standard business software applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel (Visual Basic knowledge is helpful)
- Expertise in Revu Bluebeam
- Proficient in data visualization software such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, budgets, construction documents, change orders, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement.
- Understanding of scheduling applications and CPM scheduling methods
- Knowledge of construction means and methods
- Proficient time management and organization skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Performance of the required duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA, Palo Alto CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.