Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Design and develop functional test equipment for printed circuit board assemblies.
· Design and develop electronic and mechanical Special Test Equipment (STE) supporting development, validation and production testing of a DC Fast Charger product.
· Document test equipment designs via electrical wiring schematics and mechanical assembly drawings.
· Work closely with the engineering project teams to ensure test equipment designs align with the software and hardware requirements.
· Direct activities of prototype build lab personnel during fabrication of the test equipment.
· Develop test procedures defining specific test setup requirements and instructions.
· Use data acquisition, data processing and analysis software such as Matlab or LabVIEW.
· Create test summary reports and provide data analytics.
· Utilize standard electronic test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters.
· Use instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, pressure gauges, and flow meters.
· Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing.
· Participate in design reviews, requirement reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs and Hazard Analyses.
· Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
This is what you’ll need:
· B.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing circuit board assembly functional test equipment.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing test equipment for high voltage power electronics or high voltage battery chargers.
· Knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, communication and bus protocols (RS232, CAN, GPIB, Ethernet, USB).
· Familiarity with modular test instruments and National Instruments I/O Systems (PXI, cDAQ).
· Ability to use schematic and PCB design software tools such as Altium or the OrCAD Software Suite.
· Familiarity with environmental test set ups and test error proofing.
· Programming ability in LabVIEW is a plus.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
· Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
· Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.