Senior Cloud Engineer, OTA
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Integration and Architecture /
This is what you’ll do:
-Sr. Cloud Engineer-OTA, will be contributing to the design and implementation of the Rivian's over-the -air (OTA) backend infrastructure.
-Architect scalable and highly available web services that drives complex web applications.
-Design, develop, deploy, and maintain Rivian OTA backend, in support of Rivian's engineering organization.
This is what you’ll need:
· BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field.
· 7+ years of professional work experience in software engineering.
· 5+ years experience developing backend micro-services using Java Spring Boot.
· 5+ years experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
· Understanding the balance between security, performance, and usability.
· Experience with micro-service architecture using Docker and Kubernetes.
· Experience in AWS including but not limited to: (Kinesis, Lambda, Aurora, DynamoDB)
· Experience with open source technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL
· Working experience with leading source code control systems (Git, GitLab, BitBucket)
· Individual with a collaborative work ethic. Self-starter with a strong " can do" attitude.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
This is where you’ll work:
Location: San Jose
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.