Model Integration Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
- Integrate vehicle sub-systems models based in Simulink or similar into MBS and full vehicle simulation models, testing model functionality
- Develop internal integration protocols for MBS & full vehicle modelling software as well as Driver in the loop simulator and collaborate with internal & external model owners to ensure protocols are included in model development
- Collaborate with models owners to develop true real time models for use on Driver in the Loop simulator and if required build and validate models of tier 1 supplier systems when not available
- Develop user interface for access to tuning parameters of sub-system models for use with desktop & DIL simulator
- Running full vehicle simulations, Post-process simulation results to draw actionable conclusions and draft detailed reports
This is what you’ll need:
- An academic background in vehicle control systems and automotive engineering and relevant industry OEM experience
- A strong understanding of the first-principle physics behind vehicle chassis systems and performance
- Proven experience of building sub-system models (both Hardware & software) in Matlab Simulink or similar, working knowledge of FMI/FMU is a plus.
- Experience of integration of sub system models into other CAE packages and Driver in the Loop simulators would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical and root-causing skills complemented by a data driven approach to problem solving
- Willingness to learn different modeling tools and techniques is essential, Prior experience with MSc Adams, VI Car Real Time or IPG CarMaker is advantageous
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Engineering and Programs - Attributes and Performance
Location: Irvine, CA
· Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
· As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
· We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.