Director of Vehicle Safety and Structural Efficiency
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead the Structural CAE, Occupant Integration and Safety testing groups
· Define technology roadmaps to minimize occupant and pedestrian injuries
· Define crash strategy, with oversight of structural, and occupant performance
· Own vehicle testing, simulation correlation, and when required define countermeasures for all gaps to target
· Work closely with the body structures, interior and chassis team to define overall strategy, and technology roadmap
· Own testing DVP, including execution thereof
· Develop strategic partnerships with safety testing facilities
· Ensure safety status is understood by the Program Director, Chief Engineer, and Executive Director of Engineering at all times
This is what you’ll need:
- 10-25 years experiences taking multiple programs from concept through to launch
- A comprehensive understanding of IIHS as well as the legislative requirements for vehicle safety
- A background in vehicle integration (simulation and test), with both structure and occupant performance focus
- Masters in Engineering preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Attributes & Engineering
Location: Plymouth, MI
We Are Rivian
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.