Senior Manufacturing Reliability Engineer
Normal, IL /
Reliability – Reliability /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Research and strategically implement vehicle, component, module, and system reliability testing to provide early detection of reliability issues during mass production through ongoing reliability testing, manufacturing validation testing, hass testing and burn in testing.
· Develop test methods and equipment to execute them.
· Develop post test teardown analysis procedures, and procure tooling and equipment to execute this activity.
· Document summary reports to communicate test and teardown analysis results.
· Work with quality, manufacturing engineering, design engineering, and process engineering to ensure manufacturing reliability; make recommendations to improve design and manufacturing processes.
· Assess manufacturing changes and risks, and develop test plans to validate them.
· Strategic identification and prioritization of issues identified in reliability testing.
· Own escalation and root cause analysis for failures identified in tests.
· Support creation of a data system for continuous monitoring of articles under test and reporting results.
· Support creation of reporting system for test results and recurring overall program status reports for management review.
· Closed loop with field reliability team and data to ensure issues in field are captured in manufacturing reliability program.
· Cascade reliability risks from the design and DFMEA to process PFMEA and control plan.
Knowledge of methods for reliability testing of the following systems:
· Power/ High Voltage Electronics, High Voltage Distribution and Charging Systems
· Chassis, suspension, steering, brakes
· High Voltage Battery module and pack
· Motors and Gearboxes
· Vehicle Interior
· Vehicle Closures and Body
· Driver Assistance and autonomous driving [including sensors for Autonomy]
· Low voltage electrical (board controls, harnesses, sensors)
· Thermal Management
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Minimum requirement is a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
· 5-10 years of industry experience in a reliability test engineering role. I
In addition, a strong technical background and interest in reliability:
· Experience working in a reliability test facility, preferably in an automotive environment.
· Experience with Ongoing Reliability Testing, Highly Accelerated Stress Screening and governing equations for different types of failure mechanisms
· Experience with reliability statistics including Weibull Analysis.
· Understanding of physics of failure.
· Expert understanding of root cause analysis techniques and demonstrated experience applying them
· Experience in establishing reliability requirements and test programs.
· Experience with deploying reliability testing guidelines and inventing new ways of testing.
· Experience developing custom test fixtures and testing plans.
· Experience leading cross function problem solving activities
· Experience with statistical software for reliability, such as JMP or the ReliaSoft suite.
· Experience with facilitating FMEAs and leading cross functional teams.
· A deep understanding of reliability concepts and applying data analysis to drive priorities.
· Working knowledge of a coding language, preferably Python.
· Working knowledge of failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, SEM, CT, X-Ray, EDS.
· Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams from a blank slate is a plus.
· A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Normal, Il
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.