Director of Vehicle Gateway
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
· You are responsible for the Vehicle Gateway system – delivering the product across multiple programs/projects for different vehicles in the Rivian portfolio
· Work with Development, Integration and Test Engineers to plan, strategize and execute the delivery
· Identify MVP and post-production features, prioritize them, get buy-in from the cross-functional teams, and plan the deliverables
· Drive planning meetings, provide regular executive summaries and communicate effectively the decisions, dates and content
· This position demands technical competence in areas like RTOS, Embedded systems, Automotive Ethernet, CAN, low-level & app software engineering, vehicle systems, Diagnostics, Power Modes, performance & optimization, storage systems
· Strong vehicle network understanding and experience is preferred
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 5 or more years of experience in Consumer, Automotive or Aerospace or related industries delivering products
· 15+ years of combined experience with software development, program/project management, agile/scrum
· 10+ years of experience with automotive systems, especially in the areas of vehicle networks, vehicle power-moding, battery management software, powertrain management and body control systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple engineering disciplines
· Ability to pull and drive a team together towards goals without ‘owning’ a team
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.