Front-End Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Cloud /
You will work on Rivian’s cloud team as a Front-End Engineer. You will design, develop, and manage client-side applications that are deeply coupled with Rivian’s cloud infrastructure.
This is what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with developers and UX/UI engineers to build user friendly internal tools
- Design, implement, and manage large applications with complex state and high frequency data
- Experiment with large data sets to find interesting and valuable ways to visualize the data
- Mentor and assist junior developers and participate in code reviews
- Build reusable, testable React components that can be used between projects
- Contribute to component library
this is what you’ll need:
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- React, Redux or other JS framework experience
- HTML5, CSS/SASS, Restful APIs, HTTP
- JEST or other testing experience
- Experience with d3.js, three.js, or raphael.js
- Understanding of i18n, A11Y
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with Node a plus
- Bachelors Degree is strongly desired
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Experience
Location: Palo Alto / San Jose
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.