Deployment Manager, Charging, Facilities
Palo Alto, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
The Deployment Manager, Charging works closely with the Real Estate, Design, Operations and Purchasing managers and shall lead facilities design and construction projects to ensure all financial, administrative, contractual, and technical aspects of multiple projects are being executed, as required. Facilities associated with this role will focus on the charging network, but may include workplaces, production facilities, logistics facilities, retail, and service network.
The primary function of the Deployment Manager is to manage the design, utility grid connection, entitlement, and construction of charging infrastructure and report to the Senior Manager of Charging Deployment. The Deployment Manager is the primary contact for each assigned project and works adjacent to the Real Estate, Service, and Operations Managers.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Accompany the real estate team on site visits, provide design and build feedback to influence site selection and layout
- Review and redline all drawings produced by either in-house or 3rd party engineering tests.
- Build relationships with utility companies. Coordinate with stakeholders to generate appropriate utility designs, easements, line extension agreements, and construction orders.
- Represent Rivian at zoning hearings. Coordinate with municipalities as needed for permits.
- Create contractor and vendor RFP documents (scope narratives, schedules, etc.), attend job walks and selection/award review meetings. Bid out and award construction contracts.
- Develop work plans and overseeing performance of general contractors, and occasionally directly to trade subcontractors and/or vendors
- Oversee the work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents
- Resolve field construction problems in coordination with engineering staff, third parties, and other agencies as necessary
- Build out Rivian’s vendor base by finding, qualifying, and training design firms, material suppliers, and general contractors.
THIS IS WHAT YOU"LL NEED:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management, is preferred, or similar number of years of experience in the field; and three (3) years of experience managing construction projects of similar size and complexity.
- Lead projects “the Rivian way,” providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork.
- Plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex, fast-paced and/or unorthodox construction projects
- Manage multiple project and issues effectively
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
- Conduct meetings and provide effective leadership to project team members
- Develop and manage budgets within established parameters
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract. As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA, San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.