Normal, IL /
Operations – HR and EHS /
This is what you’ll do:
· Compliance and Record keeping for the Manufacturing Plants Air Permit and associated Clean Air Act requirements.
· Maintain and update the reporting mechanisms for compliance monitoring of air emissions.
· Work with the Paint Shop, and other affected manufacturing departments to ensure accurate reporting and to forecast future air permitting needs.
· Assist with the development and submission of Air Permits and modifications related to the paint shop, storage tanks, Title V submissions, and RCRA related air emissions.
· Work with the Assembly and Maintenance teams to ensure Refrigeration compliance is maintained.
· Work with various departments on Sustainability goals.
· Assist with Clean Water Act, RCRA, CERCLA, and SARA reporting as needed.
This is what you’ll need:
· Working knowledge of Federal and Illinois State Environmental regulations.
· Knowledge of Stack Testing preferred
· Knowledge of various Air Emissions Control Devices and operation preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mech. Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or other related field.
· 5-10 years of experience in Manufacturing, Refining, Chemical production or other related field.
· Microsoft Office products, with high aptitude in Excel.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee is occasionally required to work outdoors in all seasons.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· In the performance of the duties of this job the employee may be asked to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Environmental Health and Safety
Location: Normal, IL.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.