Senior Test Asset Program Manager
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Test and Development /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Acting as the Lab Car Program Manager the qualified candidate will:
· Lead the engineering teams to determine content for each version of lab car and controls buck.
· Develop and maintain Bill of Materials for lab car and controls bucks, ensuring proper hardware release levels.
· Own and execute lab car and test buck retrofit plans
· Ensure on-time delivery of parts to builds by coordinating with logistics, engineering and suppliers.
· Confirm that timing supports software development plan.
· Work with low-voltage harness team to design and release wiring harnesses on-time.
· Drive resolution of issues related to lab car hardware and wiring harnesses in Jira.
· Be single point of contact for vehicle fleet management at the Rivian Palo Alto location to ensure legal compliance.
· Manage planned test time slots for each test asset
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· BS in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical degree
· Demonstrated program management experience
· 5+ years’ experience in Automotive vehicle builds and vehicle testing
· Understand automotive components, systems and sub-systems and how they interact
· Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment with aggressive timelines
· Demonstrated ability to work well with a cross-functional team
· The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management.
· The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others.
· Have demonstrated excellent leadership of major projects through their successful delivery from concept to production
· Excellent inter personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
· Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Testing and Development
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.