Manufacturing Reliability Engineering Technician
Normal, IL /
Reliability – Reliability /
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Manufacturing Reliability Engineering Technician, you will play a key role in assuring unparalleled reliability for Rivian Products, through early identification and mitigation of reliability issues in the manufacturing process.
This is what you'll do:
- Develop test methods and equipment to execute them.
- Execute burn-in and ongoing reliability tests in the manufacturing reliability lab
- Coordinate with production teams to allocate test assets and move to appropriate post test location
- Develop and execute post test teardown analysis procedures, and procure tooling and equipment to execute this activity.
- Document summary reports to communicate test and teardown analysis results.
- Maintain manufacturing reliability lab equipment and tools
- Own escalation and root cause analysis for failures identified in tests.
- Support creation of a data system for continuous monitoring of articles under test and reporting results.
- Support creation of reporting system for test results and recurring overall program status reports for management review.
- Support development and maintenance of closed loop system with field reliability team and data to ensure issues in field are captured in manufacturing reliability program.
- Support cascading reliability risks from the design and DFMEA to process PFMEA and control plan.
This is what you'll need:
- Minimum requirement is an Associates Degree in Science, Engineering or related fields. Preferably 5-10 years of industry experience in a reliability test engineering role. In addition, a strong technical background and interest in reliability:
- Experience working in a reliability test facility, preferably in an automotive environment.
- Experience with Ongoing Reliability Testing, Highly Accelerated Stress Screening and governing equations for different types of failure mechanisms
- Experience with operating and maintaining test equipment including environmental chambers, chillers, power supplies, digital multi-meters, vibration tables, data acquisition modules, torque transducers and software to operate them
- Understanding of root cause analysis techniques and experience applying them
- Experience in developing and constructing custom test equipment.
- Experience leading cross functional problem solving activities
- Familiarity with statistical software for reliability, such as JMP or the ReliaSoft suite.
- Familiarity with FMEAs.
- Familiarity with reliability concepts and applying data analysis to drive priorities.
- Familiarity with a coding language, preferably Python.
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, SEM, CT, X-Ray, EDS.
- Experience in a startup environment and creating test operation from a blank slate is a plus.
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
- Knowledge of methods and equipement for reliability testing of the following systems:
- Power/ High Voltage Electronics, High Voltage Distribution and Charging Systems
- Chassis, suspension, steering, brakes
- High Voltage Battery module and pack
- Motors and Gearboxes
- Vehicle Interior
- Vehicle Closures and Body
- Driver Assistance and autonomous driving [including sensors for Autonomy]
- Low voltage electrical (board controls, harnesses, sensors)
- Thermal Management
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.