Director Energy Management
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Controls /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Be responsible for the overall leadership of Rivian’s Energy Management Software & Controls including Battery Management Software (BMS), Vehicle Energy Management (VEM) and Thermal Management.
· Build and lead a world class team and deliver the related software & controls for all Vehicle programs from Concept to Production, including:
o Establishment of software architecture
o Software Development
o Cell model & algorithm development for State Of Charge, Power & Health (SOC, SOP, SOH)
o Ownership of implementation and documentation of safety critical software and diagnostics to meet system level safety concept
o Ownership of software unit test traceability for software requirements
o Development and execution of software integration and safety qualification testing to meet control module requirements at SIL, MIL, HIL
· Work with battery, charging and powertrain stakeholders to determine, implement & validate how available energy is efficiently distributed to all in-vehicle and external consumers whilst successfully meeting Vehicle level attributes & use cases.
· Work with Vehicle user interface & experience stakeholders to develop, implement and validate methods for computing and displaying energy-related data .
· Support & deliver world class technology & improved operations solutions as appropriate.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
· 10 years+ Automotive High Voltage Energy Storage System BMS and EV Energy Management Engineering with Project delivery experience through all project phases from concept to series production.
· Expert knowledge of battery chemistry and state of the art state estimation methods and SW implementation.
· Expert knowledge of physics of heat and mass transfer and optimization of vehicle energy control strategy
· Expert knowledge of machine learning, optimization theory, and data processing.
· Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience leading software development programs according to ISO26262
· Expert knowledge and leadership of embedded development of high ASIL safety integrity control software
· Demonstrated experience with Embedded C and Model Based Software development
· Have demonstrated excellent leadership of technology development & deployment into major projects.
· Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
· Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Vehicle Software & Controls
Location: Irvine or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.