Reliability Engineering Manager - Irvine
Irvine, CA /
Reliability – Reliability /
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Manager of the Reliability Engineering team, you will play a key role in designing and assuring reliability for Rivian products.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Build a team of Reliability Engineers that focus on Design- for-Reliability for Rivian products.
· Provide technical direction and develop the tools, systems and processes to effectively design-in reliability.
· Lead analysis and goal setting for reliability in order to improve requirement setting and testing methods.
· Manage the facilitation of Design FMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning.
· Manage the Development of reliability design guidelines and the application of reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
· Provide technical direction on accelerated test methods to explore design margins and grow reliability quickly.
· Manage, direct and optimize the reliability test plans for components and subsystems.
· Partner with the reliability testing teams to assure a smooth transition from planning to execution of reliability tests.
· Partner with design teams and provide reliability input in Design Reviews.
· Partner with Field Reliability and Failure Analysis to assure reliability lessons learned are incorporated into future products.
· Manage, resolve, communicate and escalate reliability risk throughout the product development phases.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Experience or interest in developing teams and managing talent
· A strong technical background in reliability such as:
· Understanding of Highly Accelerated Testing methods and governing equations for different types of failure mechanisms.
· Experience with facilitating FMEAs and leading cross functional teams.
· Good understanding of reliability statistics including Weibull Analysis.
· Knowledge of Fault Trees and reliability block diagrams to assess system reliability.
· Good understanding of physics of failure.
· Experience with deploying reliability testing guidelines and inventing new ways of testing.
· A desire to contribute to a respectful, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto CA, or Irvine CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.