Environmental, Health & Safety Technician – 2nd Shift
Normal, IL /
Operations – HR and EHS /
This is what you’ll do:
The EHS technician will be responsible for tasks on their shift to support plant operations, production and compliance. This is a dynamic position with exposure to all disciplines within EHS.
· Perform regulatory and best practice inspections
· Identify hazards and generate corrective actions to mitigate hazards
· Host EHS related training sessions on shift
· Facilitate EHS teams (safety committee, emergency response, etc) on shift
· Provide technical EHS input to shift personnel and escalate to EHS Management when needed
· Coordinate and facilitate emergency drills
· Respond to emergencies in the plant when they occur
This is what you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability.
· Ability to understand written procedures and apply regulatory and consensus standards to situations in the plant
· Excellent decision-making skills and attention to detail
· Long-term thinker but able to take short term action
· Associates degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related discipline OR 1-2 years of manufacturing experience and participation on Safety Teams
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures.
· Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be on the plant floor and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
· At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Environmental, Health and Safety
Location: Normal, IL.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.