Embedded Software Engineer, Diagnostics
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you will do:
- Work with teams of Engineers to develop Diagnostics strategies, communications,
validation methods, and tools
- Define network diagnostics requirements for Ethernet, FlexRay, and CAN/CANFD
- Collaborate with suppliers and other domain teams within Rivian on end-to-end
Diagnostics strategies and requirements.
- Work with gateway team to implement diagnostics requirements for UDS over CAN
- Work on diagnostics implementation requirements
This is what you will need:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a
- Experience designing diagnostics on CAN and DoIP
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Experience in automotive
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Test automation tool selection and execution experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified
- Self-motivated individual
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.