People Relations Partner
Palo Alto, CA /
Human Resources – Human Resources /
This is what you’ll do:
· Assist with the development and implementation of processes and procedures for intake, investigation and timely resolution of reports submitted through Company hotline
· Conduct investigations and gather information regarding employee relations matters such as harassment and discrimination allegations, work complaints, employee disputes and other concerns.
· Develop and implement proactive steps to address and resolve employee complaints and grievances.
· Conduct exit interviews, summarize findings, and discuss trends and concerns with senior management.
· Continually pursue ways to improve existing policies and procedures around the management of ER cases with a focus on efficiency and suitability for scale.
· Deliver training on various ER topics such as respectful workplace.
· Provide coaching and guidance to management and employees regarding company policy, practices and standards.
· Address routine inquiries related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements (if applicable); refer complex matters to appropriate management staff.
· Assist with recordkeeping related to investigations, discipline and termination; particularly as related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), affirmative action, and diversity initiatives.
· Maintain knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO, affirmative action, collective bargaining, unions, labor relations and human resources.
· Assist with preparation of plans, policies, documents, and reports including EEO-1, affirmative action plans, Job Description organizational charts, labor agreements, and employee handbooks.
· Assist with preparation of documents and records required for contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Legal experience/training
· A minimum of 7 years of proven experience in a position of responsibility and supervisory duties.
· SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credentials
· Knowledge of Title VII, ADA, FMLA and ADEA.
· Excellent interpersonal, counseling and negotiation skills.
· Thorough understanding of applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
· Expert knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action requirements.
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances and policies.
· Proficient with MS Office (MS Excel and MS Powerpoint in particular)
· Ability to handle data and other information with discretion and confidentiality
· Strong organization skills – (accuracy, thoroughness, and ability to monitor work for quality)
· Dependability (ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and improve performance through management feedback)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.