Staff DevOps Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking a Staff DevOps Engineer who will be building out the infrastructure/tooling across all the webapps/services for digital commerce platform.
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead and set technical direction for tools, build-release-test automation and cloud-backend services.
· Be responsible for developing tools & automation solutions for CI / CD workflow, continuous testing, software updates.
· Develop tools, plug-ins and solutions for CI / CD workflow using Jenkins, AWS, Docker and other micro-services.
· Work with other cross-functional teams and convert business requirements into engineering requirements.
· Be responsible for tool/software development adhering to appropriate internal & external safety/security standards.
· Identify and set new technical directions to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision.
· Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation
This is what you’ll need:
· 10+ years in senior technical leadership roles (as tech lead, architect) in SW engineering and DevOps functions
· 7+ years of experience with auto build tools (like make, waf etc.,), Git, JAMA, JIRA, Jenkins, Quality Center (or other test management tools), AWS, Linux-server installation (Ubuntu) and maintenance
· 7+ experience using SCM like GITLAB, GITHUB or BITBUCKET including writing webhooks, merge strategy and release management
· 7+ experience managing large scale build and deploy infrastructure, capacity planning and maintenance.
· 7+ experience managing enterprise grade Jenkins master and node setup and plugin.
· 5+ years of experience using configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef etc
· 5+ years of experience with scripting languages like Python or Shell
· 5+ years of experience in one or more areas - DevOps, micro-services and cloud backend operations
· 5+ years of experience with SQL and/or other databases or NoSQL databases.
· Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Strong knowledge of modern technologies like docker, microservices and Kubernetes.
· Experience working in data pipelines preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.