3D Electrical Distribution Systems Librarian
Irvine, CA /
Electrical Hardware – Hardware Design /
This is what you’ll do:
Based within the electrical vehicle integration team.
· Create and maintain the ‘CATIA3DX’ Electrical Library.
· Import and/or model 3D electrical devices.
· Apply electrical behaviors to define electrical components, such as connectors and equipment.
· Develop ‘best practice’ Catia methodology, document, publish and maintain.
· Work side by side with the systems integration engineers and PLM team to develop:
o Robust device transmittal inputs.
o Accurate ‘CATIA3DX’ and ‘Capital HarnessXC’ electrical libraries.
o KBL export syntax definition to enable bi-directional communication between Catia and Capital toolsets.
This is what you’ll need:
· B.S. or higher in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· 2+ years of experience in an automotive electrical development environment.
· Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes.
· Proficiency with 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or CATIA3DX.
· Ability to understand electrical topology and circuit diagrams.
· Be able to work independently, under your own initiative.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.