Technical Program Manager - Drive Unit Development, Powertrain
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Propulsion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Generate future drive unit plans to roll up and meet Vehicle level timelines.
· Lead the execution of the production release process and ensure that all tooling is kicked off on time.
· Develop and manage the plans for prototype builds.
· Ensure Engineering Documentation is coordinated & managed to project milestones – Risk assessment/management, Requirements, DFMEA, DVP, Functional Safety.
· Lead design reviews both internally and with cross-functional systems to identify and solve engineering issues.
· Ensure Project gateway deliverables are understood in detail and resources planned to deliver green deliverables.
· Ensure that drive unit specifications meet vehicle and product portfolio attribute definition with clear communication between Powertrain and other cross-functional teams.
· Prepare statuses and evidence for all Gateways and deliverables.
· Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times. Define and manage process and regular meetings.
· Support in ensuring that Program Budgets are executed within target.
· Ensure, ahead of release, that all designs meet Design For Manufacture (DFM) standards for both internal and external manufacturing supply options.
· Integrate successfully with Powertrain and Vehicle program teams
· Elevate issues and risks immediately to mediate impact to the program.
this is what you’ll need:
· Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
· Understanding of Electric Powertrain Platforms
· 5+ years automotive experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/Business Management field or related work experience
· Familiarity with program management process and vehicle development timeline
· Strong team player
· Experience creating and implementing new processes
· Excellent written and verbal skills
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.