Interior Core Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Body & Interior Engineering – Interiors /
The Interior Core Engineer is a key member of the Interior team. They provide a centralized support to the functional program teams and leadership for difficult to solve problems which typically include the coordination of several departments.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· The scope of the role covers a “Cradle to Grave” approach from future technology development through implementation and prevent recurrence.
· Research, design, develop and implement advanced technology systems and components to enable best-in-world customer experiences.
· Develop and maintain Best Practices: Design Standards, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.
· Develop and maintain standard Quality Documents: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, etc.
· Decompose new vehicle level functional requirements into system, subsystem, and component level requirements.
· Lead collaborative problem solving including interfaces with non-exterior teams.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Minimum 7 years’ of progressively responsible experience in the individual’s field of study with demonstrated experience and success.
· Thorough and complete mastery of respective field. Must be familiar with technologies, products, and core engineering principles.
· Strong background in systems engineering, functional safety, and ISO 26262.
· Software experience in JAMA and IQ-RM.
· Experience in developing performance requirements and test methods for complex systems.
· Demonstrated advanced technology project management.
· A deep passion and Innate Curiosity for continuous improvement.
· Desire to not only research, design, and develop first-in-world systems but to also put them into production.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Body Exteriors Engineering
Location: Irvine, ca
We Are Rivian
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.