Manager, Engineering Toolkit
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Program Management /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Manage the development and deployment of operational systems aimed at enabling both prototype and production vehicle delivery
· Interface with PLM, ERP, MRP, and all aspects of the development process
· Be a force for change in the organization and drive adoption of leading business practices & solutions
· Champion training for seamless user experience
· Drive continuous improvement of processes through the use of key KPI’s and metrics
· Deliver key program management reports for enabling leadership decision making
· · Interpretation of PLM / ERP / MRP data outputs required
· Lead business driven Rapid Application Development with in Rivian where required, deploying toolsets into the business.
· Manage a highly technical team, with a wide array of programming skills.
· Own toolset roadmap across product portfolio for the department (outside core PLM/ERP tools)
· Interface with leading representatives within Engineering, Purchasing & IT to establish and implement corporate aligned toolsets.
· Continuous improvement of all tools and processes within wheelhouse.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
4+ years experience in product development
Hands on experience in deploying systems, tools and processes within Automotive departments
· Programming capability
· Deep understanding of Product Data Management tools and processes, Atlassian products, and Data visualization toolkits such as Tableau
· Strong resilience and work ethic
· Hands on, open minded attitude
· Adventurous and curious mindset
· Collaborative & action driven approach
· Love data & whiteboards
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Strategic Programs
Location: Irvine, CA – Starting Remote
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.