Requirements Process Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Program Management /
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams across applications to develop fully linked vehicle requirements
· Manage Requirements tool (Jama) and coordinate team collaboration within the tool
· Create structures and processes for requirements traceability from feature to component
· Train and coach engineers on systems engineering methodologies for Requirements Management
· Develop interfaces between Requirements Management tool and other tools including: FMEA, BOM Management, Functional Safety, and Verification
· Inspire the organization to utilize Requirements Management through a clear and transparent process
· Enable agile and rapid change across enterprise
· Support development of methodology for variant and complexity management
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Discipline, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
· 3 or more years of experience in product development with hands-on usage of Jama or equivalent
· Strong understanding of agile frameworks and how to apply them at an enterprise level
· Demonstrate ability to work in a constantly changing and dynamic workplace
· Strong communication and leadership skills
· Excellent ability to zoom out and understand long term goals
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.