Quality Control Manager
Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Quality Control /
The primary purpose of the Quality Control Manager is to lead, plan, organize and coordinate the overall daily activities of the Quality Control Manager in order to control the quality of the manufacturing processes, as well as, identify and contain defective material within all respective areas of the plant. Areas of responsibility include stamping, body, paint, battery, gearbox, assembly, end of line inspection and testing.
This is what you’ll do:
· Maintains a high-quality relationship with the production managers and group leaders.
· Directly manages group leaders, quality control engineers, and supplier quality engineers.
· Plans and establishes quality team agenda and provides quality control team coverage for all plant manufacturing processes.
· Responsible to manage quality control capital expenses and budgeting.
· Insures adherence to quality standards, standard work, safety, and overall performance of the quality validation team.
· Insure that quality team training is completed at required time interval
· Responsible for calibration and maintenance of all quality equipment.
· Regularly reports out quality performance to peers and management team.
· Responsible for quality control team performance including recommendation of hiring, performance, discipline, wage and salary reviews
· Will have 10+ salaried direct reports managing an organization of 100+ employees.
this is what you’ll need:
· Engineering or Technical Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 10+ years of manufacturing and/or quality experience
· 5+ years of supervision experience
· Understanding of gauging and measurement systems
· Understanding of quality systems and inspection methods
· Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated project management skills
· General office software usage capability (email, excel, word, etc.)
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Quality Control
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.