Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Test and Development /
This is what you’ll do:
This person will work closely with the Prototype Shop Manager and the Prototype Shop Leads to deliver Prototype projects on-time with the highest level of quality.
· Work with Shop Manager to create and maintain build schedule
· Work closely with Prototype Shop Leads to complete projects and tasks
· Lead projects and daily tasks
· Maintain work orders for projects and daily tasks thru Jira and Itineris
· Maintain quality of all work completed in the Machine Shop
· Maintain Machine Shop inventory
· Lead Prototype Machine Shop builds and assembly
· Build and Maintain work instructions for prototype vehicle assembly and retrofit projects
· Work with design engineers to determine fabrication procedures for prototype projects
· Ability to follow detailed drawings and execute tasks at a high level of detail and quality
· Critical thinking skills to devise solutions to new problems
· Weld structures and fixtures according to design drawings
· Ability to fabricate parts with a variety of different materials (steel, aluminum, composites, wood, etc)
· Clean and organized worker to maintain overall shop cleanliness and organization
· Ability to work in a team environment and willing to help others
This is what you’ll need:
· 7+ years of Machine Shop and fabrication work experience in the automotive industry.
· Excellent organizational and management skills
· Valid driver license with clean record.
· Strong automotive mechanical understanding.
· Strong technical and mechanical ability.
· Strong welding and metal fabrication skills.
· Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills.
· Computer skills a plus (MS Office, Outlook, etc)
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.